Thursday, May 3, 2007

Used Car Shopping Sucks!

What a pain in the ass! I hate looking for cars. I’ve just spent the whole day searching for a decent sedan for $5000 or less. If a car looked like a good deal, it was either already sold…or involved in an accident.

I even took the day off work to look for a car, and we came up with nothing.

I suppose I can only blame our narrow search criteria: a Honda, Toyota, or Nissan sedan with no cosmetic issues, a clean carfax report, 150K miles or less, and nothing white, red, blue, green, yellow, or any color other than silver, black, grey, tan or gold…and preferably from a private seller rather than a dealer. (I just chafe at the idea of paying a premium to a used car salesman.)

There were actually quite a few possibilities that came up. But without exception, the best deals were already taken. And on the two occasions when I found what at first appeared to be a good deal, I took time to drive to see the cars and they were in awful shape.

So…back to square one. And the clock is ticking on the rental car.

Today was a busy day, but that culinary adventure post I promised is coming soon. Also, I’ve been requested to write about my encounter with molesto-man, so look for that sometime within the next few days or so.

Oh! I just remembered! I’ve actually had two molesto-man encounters, but the second was when I was much older and in college, so it was less traumatic. Just disgusting.

The Stan

1 comment:

Mcb197 said...

Why do you care so much about the color my man?