Thursday, May 10, 2007

Updates

I'm in a much better mood today. All is well that ends well. (In other words, we've had our make-up sex and are no longer arguing at the moment.)

In other news, I bought a green 1996 Toyota Corolla that's in fair shape cosmetically, but excellent shape mechanically. In fact, it was owned by a mechanic who kept up the maintenance and even rebuilt the engine. The rebuilt engine has less than 10,000 miles. The car as a whole, 144,000.

It runs very smooth, too. (I know it's supposed to be "smoothly" but that form just sounds too stilted to me.) He went on and on about how he aligned the valves and such. And you can feel it. Very smooth running engine. The mechanic assured me I should have no major maintenance issues for the next 50,000 miles.

All in all, $2700. Great value...even better than blue book. Car fax report showed a couple of minor accidents--nothing major. I couldn't pass it up, even though it didn't fit our original criteria.

Meanwhile, I've been taking Alba to the chiropractor. She'd been pretty sore since the accident and he's been snapping her back into place. It sounds just like stepping on a bunch of packing bubbles when he straightens her out.

Every time we go, Alba complains she has to fart. (Lying flat on your stomach is a great way to alleviate gas, by the way.) But I tell her that if she just times it for when he's cracking her back, he'll just think her back is really out of place! (Won't account for the smell, though.)

On another front, I'm organizing the brass band again. We'll be doing a concert on July 29. Further details to come.

And on yet another front, I can't wait to get the last disk from season 2 of Battlestar Galactica in the mail from Blockbuster. I think that is the best sci-fi show ever to air on television period. To Star Trek or SG1 fans, it might be sacrilege to say that. But there's a very good reason why I feel that way and I'll talk about it in a future post.

In the meantime, sayonara my friends.

The Stan

2 comments:

Seth Ward said...

"we've had our make-up sex and are no longer arguing at the moment"

Gross. Something about you humping is just not my favorite mental image.

So does Alba know about Angela yet? You better not wait too long buddy.

The Stan said...

Ha Ha. You trying to get me in trouble? Actually, Alba doesn't read this blog unless I show it to her. She's about as computer literate as a tree squirrel and almost as much aptitude for learning how to use them!

(For my other readers, relax...there is no Angela. Sorry to disappoint.)