Monday, July 23, 2007

Famous Tuba Players

I love tuba players. They're usually the dorks of the band, and that's saying something. Tuba players usually have sense of humor and don't take themselves as seriously as the rest of the brass players.

That's why I like them so much. Maybe I should have been a tuba player, myself. I never really got the hang of the whole trumpet player ego thing.

But anyway, I was relaxing with a few beers the other day with my friend Abel, my tuba playing friend, when he saw fit to inform me of famous tuba players past and present. He even gave me the photo evidence to prove it.

I was impressed. In fact, I believe many of you will recognize some of these closet tubists:















In other news, the L.A. Metropolitan Brass Band had their first concert in over a year yesterday. As usual, it was a big hit with the crowd, and it was a decent one, too. We expect to have two more concerts this year: a fall concert and a Christmas concert.

I didn't play this time around. Too little time to practice and get in shape. So I worked the audience collecting names and email addresses. I don't want any repeats of our first concert where the band was bigger than the audience!

The Stan

5 comments:

Seth Ward said...

I hate it when that happens. (number of players larger than number of audience)

Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed those tuba pictures stan! gave me quite a chuckle...maybe i should have played tuba also...

Mcb197 said...

Cool, The Stan. Listen, we are coming out soon, so you better get ready to hang out with us!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE PLAYING THE TUBA<3

Akili(tuba girl) said...

I LOVE PLAYING MY TUBA ps I'm anonymous <3