Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Resident Peach Hog

Alba is a peach hog! I bought 5-pounds of peaches from the Farmer's Market--maybe 20 peaches, or so, of which I've had MAYBE five.

I came home for lunch today hoping to have a nice juicy peach, because I knew there were at least four left, but no. Not a single one left. Nada. Zilch. Zip. Zerooooo.

WTF!!

I bought those Tuesday morning to last all week! Less than two days later they are ALL GONE!

Dammit! And I thought I went overboard buying this huge bag of peaches.

Why am I all pissed off about peaches?

I don't know. Maybe it's because they're one of my favorite fruits. But when it comes to fruit of any kind, Alba is like a vacuum hose, sucking up everything in sight.

The only fruit that lasts awhile are apples, and I'm not overly fond of apples. For me, it's peaches, strawberries, watermelon, and grapefruit--precisely what disappears faster than a strip of bacon down a dog's gullet.

Next time, I'm going to buy a frickin' truckload of those damn peaches. That way I can still have a frickin' peach two days later when Alba's wolfing them down 10 at a time!

The Stan

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Ah, that is frustrating, The Stan. Just be glad that you are able to buy peaches in the first place...never forget the grapefruit years...