Friday, April 27, 2007

Here's To Good Food...And GREAT Sex!

Well, I'm back in the Blogosphere, boys and girls. Not that too many of either will notice. Perhaps one or two of my old friends...perhaps. It doesn't really matter.

I can't really say for sure why I decided to start posting again...Oh, yeah. It was fun. I've realized I like to write. Enough to perhaps call myself some sort of a writer, I suppose. But also enough to make it a somewhat time consuming process to post something. Being a writer means I like to write too much.

So instead of just two sentences about how I ate the Evil Jungle Thai Steak Salad at Houston's (it was awesome), I like to renumerate on it's qualities, speculate endlessly on the complete list of ingredients, describe the jucy bits of steak that were so rare I felt like I was eating steak sushi, etc. But I'll spare you most of the details.

Rare steak used to make me gag. But I suppose since I started liking sushi, rare steak is actually enjoyable now. And when I say rare, I mean RARE. I think they just waved the steak in the direction of the grill before they cut it up and put in my salad. It certainly put me in touch with my inner carnivore.

But the real story that night was not the food...immensely pleasurable though it was. I took Alba out for our three year anniversary.

Three years.

Gone in a flash. And yet, on the other hand it's like we've been together forever.

Not to sound grotesquely romantic and sentimental. It's just strange what a paradox time is. How can time fly, and yet seem like forever? Three years is a long time, and yet it flashes by with barely a notice.

Alba and I have gone from non-stop sex to the more normal 2-3 times a week. Except on certain occasions--perhaps when I eat more rare meat than usual--when it feels like my sexual drive goes into hyperdrive and it's just like old times for a few days.

This week was one of those times. Is it a cyclical thing? Was it just a coincidence that I happened to get horny as a Gila monster during our anniversary week? (Actually, I don't think Gila monsters are all that horny...but it certainly rolls off the toungue better than "horny as a Texas horned lizard.")

So what I'm wondering is...what's the secret to continuous sexual energy? Can I learn to control my appetite such that I can turn it on or off on a whim? Could I just decide that everyday I'd like to have a morning wake-up romp, a lunch-time quickie, and an after-dinner delight?

Hmmm.

Well, at the moment, I don't know. Maybe it's really just a matter of diet and exercise. But I think I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled for more information on this subject.

Siyonara, boys and girls.

The Stan

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Classic Stan is back with a hip, new 'tude for '07! Can't wait to hear more about your sex life!

The Stan said...

Hey...this is a thinking man's blog here. Not a sex chronicle! It just so happens that at the moment I sat down to write this post I just happened to be thinking about sex. (Like many other moments.)

Herbert S. Crotch said...

This post nearly made me toss my fine French Chocolates. You should go to church dear lad.

The Stan said...

My dear friend...sex is a part of life! Maybe not part of YOUR life. But that doesn't change the fact that sex is an important and pleasurable part of life...and worthy of discussion...and contemplation.