Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Two Weeks Notice

I submitted my two weeks notice today. I was expecting a shit-storm, but my immediate boss took it quite well. The owner took it well enough.

The fact of the matter is, I'm not an ideal employee and I'm an awful manager. I just have no interest in managing someone else's business.

But I'm really great at generating creative ideas, at writing, and at creating marketing systems (just not at managing them). And that means my skill set is more suited to be the occasional "hired gun" NOT a full-time staff member.

So starting January 1, I'll officially be unemployed...and LOVIN' IT! Not the unemployed part...the part about being an entrepreneur starting my own business.

It's the only way to true wealth.

And the great part about being a marketing consultant is that I know exactly how to market my services! It won't be long before I've landed my first client. I've got my plan all laid out.

Anyway, now that I've actually given notice, I'm relieved. Talk about a big load off. I can't tell you how nervous I was anticipating the "shit-storm," and it didn't even happen!

I think they realize it's best for the company, anyway. (I really not the ideal employee.)

The Stan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the Stan Man is unemployed again.... does this mean I'll be treating at LBJ Fridays for a while?

Best of luck to you!

Shelley said...

Hey Stan,

Looking forward to seeing you soon. I can't to be filled in on the details! Are there saucy Alba details to be filled in on, too??? D-tails???? Oh, I got it...

D-Tales!!!!

Shelley said...

Hi Stan.

This blog clearly sucks. And my life, without musings from the Stan, is definitely not as good as it could be. When are you going to start posting again?

Please???